Focus Cosworth

Focus ST Forum

Hilfe Unterstützen FOCUS ST:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cochyn

Punkte Reaktionen
Hi, I was at the Nurburgring during the RS/ST meet but missed out :(

IMG_4551_zpsotoel95s.jpg

Santa%20pod%20shoots%20Sept%202015%20%20050_zpskm09t37e.jpg

​​​​​​​

Not ST, originally 1.6 CL lachen*

It is RWD, Cosworth powered with 400bhp, 360mm Brembo 6 pots, Toyota Supra diff, 6 degree rose jointed WRC-style rear beam etc. Fun car :)

Fitted and looking good! :)

Also a shot of the new bonnet catches.

New rotors fitted...

Bought a house recently, so no track days and most money going into that this year. But still managed to treat the car a bit.

Colour coded the lower rear bumper, side bump strips, boot grab handle and the sideskirts. Also got some new 360x32 rotors. Just need an ST170 spoiler now and when we move to the new house, I can finally lower the car more with a friendlier driveway!

Some choice photos from the Focus Cosworth group shoot.

And having some fun!

And made a nice headlight air duct for the air filter. Kept it looking as close to standard as possible, in theme of the overall look of the car. Simply added a nice seal around the edging. Will work a treat :)

Track day in Oulton Park today, went really well! Car was almost faultless, just the servo went a bit hot by the end of the day, so need a better heat shield. Otherwise, she was shockingly shit in the early morning damp conditions, but by the afternoon it was epic! Loads of fun :top:

And some track shots :)

Bit of an oil change in order for the next track session.

Absolutly lovely car. Too much Money invested... holy shit ... Biut nice Job

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Update! Ripped out the entire interior today and fitted some nice new carbon rear quarter cards. Just waiting on Raj @ Autoflock to knock me up some front door panels and I'm done with the interior. Saved a bit of weight there :) 

So I had an issue on my flocked dash, where a section had worn near enough bare due to constant friction from working on the car etc. So thought I'd have a crack at carbon skinning the section, because touching up flocking would just look terrible.

So got everything individually off ebay. Pretty cheap, but the process is just made so much harder because it's quite an awkward shape to work with. But it's a bit of trial and error with a lot of sanding to get it right.

image_zpsty0tlphq.jpeg

image_zps8p3rlnzu.jpeg

image_zpsazsvb5md.jpeg

image_zpsalpzjebi.jpeg

image_zpsh4asaqns.jpeg

image_zps215ahi74.jpeg

image_zpsacm6ewmb.jpeg

Final polish of carbon and seals all finished off to neaten up the edges. Just waiting on the plaques off Dave now to cover the dip in the middle and it's all done.

Might make a centre console around the handbrake and gear stick next :)

One of these 200mm long plaques will cover the dip in the middle of the carbon. Some WRC cars I've seen with just the Ford logo, hence both being made. Nice touch though.

image_zpsvsgbryde.jpeg

image_zpsdaof6bvo.jpeg

Nice Job bro... looking so f*****g good

Thanks! Plaques should be here today, carbon door cards next week and then it's just the count down to the next Nurburgring trip in July :)

I think the second is the best one.... but its only my opinien

Synchros for gearbox arrived, so hopefully all rebuilt next week. And my front carbon door cards have been made (a little dusty!). Just need to cut out the interior door handle and fit them.

Carbon goodness continues :)

Woooow.. eeko eeko

Big Respect for your Build and all the Work what´s goin in.. st_schild4

I like the RWD Idea a lot. prost1
(Not really a Friend of FWD, especially without an LSD.. It drives like a children tricycle shake1 orngbiggrin lachen* lachen* )

By my opinion, Ford should also offer an ST or at least an RS as a sedan/coupe with RWD and LSD. That would make a still great car a hell of a lot better. dafuer1 doppeldaumen1

Wish ya good Luck for the Future with your Project. up1

Greetz,

Tom

Thanks Tom :)

The new RS coming out in red colour has an LSD ;)

I'll be at the Nurburgring in May for the 24hr race and again in July for the RS/ST event :)

Oben